Eastern Europe is an epicenter for software outsourcing among European and American businesses, and the Ukrainian software development market is one of the most popular within this location.Why are Ukrainian developers in high-demand? In this post, <medium>we'll research some details of software development in Ukraine<medium>, including the industry's most prominent representatives.
Top IT companies: Ukraine IT market
IT outsourcing is gaining momentum. According to Statista, the value of IT services companies delegate to external suppliers is expected to exceed approximately $413.72 billion by the end of 2021.
In the meantime, Eastern Europe houses over 1,3M developers and they are in demand: for example, more than half of German and Dutch businesses prefer Eastern Europe as an IT outsourcing destination. h
Ukrainian software development market takes the 2nd position in the list of IT professionals in Eastern Europe. Software development companies based in Ukraine are providing various outsourcing services to a number of businesses from Europe and the USA today.
IT outsourcing in Ukraine is the 2nd largest export services industry expected to generate $8.4 billion in revenue by 2025. So, let's consider, <medium>why Ukrainian IT market is so popular?<medium> Why do so many tech providers сhoose Ukraine outsourcing companies?
Here are some <medium>key figures and facts uncovering the secret of Ukraine IT outsourcing companies<medium> high-demand:
Every outsourcing development company falls under one of the categories:
According to Clutch.co ranking, among the leaders of IT software outsourcing in Ukraine in 2020 that are renowned on the international arena is the following ten:
<medium>TEAM International Services<medium> (USA-based, 300+ Ukrainian employees).
They employ hundreds of specialists and work on huge projects for international corporations. Few of them would be interested in a small-time startup contract. If your budget is only <medium>10,000 to 15,000 USD<medium>, and you have <medium>2 to 3 months<medium> to get your idea off the ground, I suggest you steer clear of large providers and hire an outsourcing team of a smaller scale.
How to find the right it outsourcing provider in Ukraine?
There are many ways to reach the full-stack development company you are interested in. You can use:
IT outsourcing in Ukraine. Small to medium-size companies
Let's discuss the prospective nearshore software development partners for startups, their services, and the best ways to learn more about them before signing the contract. Small outsourcing companies are harder to find, as the media rarely mention their names.
To develop a list of 100 top outsourcing companies in Ukraine, I used these criteria:
Up to 250 employee
The development services range including:
Let's take a closer look at the companies from the top 25% of the list. For this analysis, I have chosen seven vendors:
1. <medium>Yalantis<medium> (Kyiv and Dnipro-based, est. 2008, 300+ employees); 2. <medium>RubyGarage<medium> (Dnipro-based, est. 2013, 120+ employees); 3. <medium>Cleveroad<medium> (Dnipro and Kharkiv-based, est. 2011, 100+ employees); 4. <medium>SteelKiwi<medium> (Odessa and Vinnytsia-based, est. 2011, 50+ employees); 5. <medium>Freshcode<medium> (Zaporizhzhya and Kharkiv-based, est. 2014, 100+ employees); 6. <medium>GBKSOFT<medium> (Kyiv and Zaporizhzhya-based, est. 2011, 100+ employees); 7. <medium>IT CRAFT<medium> (Kharkiv-based, est. 2001, 100+ employees)
I concentrated on the companies that are based outside Kyiv, as regional development agencies offer lower rates. They get fewer clients, though their quality is on par with the capital-based companies. These outsourcing software development companies have significant experience and employ enough app developers in Ukraine to suit the startup's needs.
All seven of the providers outsource iOS development, produce turnkey Android, as well as web solutions, and offer ongoing support and maintenance after launch and deployment.
Each of the seven companies has <medium>completed 100+ projects<medium> for clients from all around the world, including the USA, the UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, France, Switzerland, Belgium, Austria, Denmark, Israel, UAE, Sweden, and more.
Freshcode, GBKSOFT, and IT Craft overview
Let's start with a short overview of mentioned IT outsourcing companies based in Ukraine. IT vendors in this section provide strong solutions for startups in need of MVP development with an average budget of $7,000 to $15,000. At the same time, the companies' portfolios include high-profile clients, like KPMG, Intel, and Pepsi.
These companies on my software companies list possess experience in developing small to large-scale projects for:
Yalantis, RubyGarage, Steelkiwi, and Cleveroad overview
Here are more outstanding players of the Ukrainian IT outsourcing market and we are glad to introduce them.
Here is a short <medium>Freshcode business process outsourcing step-by-step guide<medium> from the first client's request till the start of developing his or her product.
1. Receiving client's request (via email, Linkedin, website contact form, or other communication channels)
2. Freshcode Manager contacts client within one business day
3. If the Client has requirements for product development, he sends it; if not then we send him follow-up questions for creating a requirements list and reviewing the project fully; at this stage, we sign an NDA to keep Clients' ideas confidential
4. Freshcode Manager fills out a brief and hands it over to Business Analyst
5. Business Analyst reviews Client's requirements. If the Client's requirements list is not exhaustive, BA creates a list of follow-up questions and requests Сlient's design/mockups/wireframes
6. Client sends design/mockups/wireframes. If he or she has no designs at all, BA creates tough wireframes (or as an additional stage we offer a Discovery Phase); the client makes changes to the wireframes if it's necessary
7. If design/mockups/wireframes are agreed and requirements are being enough to form a rough cost estimate BA creates it
8. BA decomposes all the tasks associated with a project and creates a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
Creating Gantt Chart showing all the key stages of a project and their duration as a chart with the time-scale
Creating Delivery (Development) Plan describing all expected deliverables for the timely execution and project management
9. If the Client wants a Fixed Price contract we offer a Discovery Phase; if the Client prefers the Timing and Material model we prepare detailed follow-up questions
10. Discussing all details of the project workflow and rough cost estimation results via video call involving all stakeholders and amending findings if it's necessary
11. If the Client is all right with rough cost estimation and he is ready to collaborate BA creates a final accurate estimation